Multiple families and large groups of friends holidaying together are gravitating towards Villa Avalon, a grand centrally-located estate sitting between Seminyak and Canggu. It offers seven spacious air-conditioned bedrooms across three individual villas – each with a pool and private garden, available for rental individually or together.
It’s rare to find such a well-established villa 60m from the beach (only temple land lies between) and yet just a five-minute taxi ride from Seminyak. Perfect for groups seeking to enjoy Bali’s dining and nightlife scene, just beyond the entrance is sunset bar. A five-minute stroll along the sand brings you to Mozaic Beach Club and a few simple beachfront cafes, while W Hotel and Potato Head are just a little further.
Within the Avalon estate itself are several sociable living spaces (both formal and informal, indoor and alfresco) – the mark of award-winning architect Popo Danes who conceived the estate as a harmonious blend of contemporary design with a Balinese community feel and an Asian twist. When all three villas are booked together, the maximum capacity of 21 still doesn’t feel like a crowd, there are plenty of secluded corners for quiet escape. And yet, a honeymooning couple basking in the romance of the one-bedroom villa, may feel they have the entire estate to themselves, such is the intimacy of the layout. No wonder Avalon is a sought-after venue for an enchanting tropical wedding, a renewal-of-vows ceremony and indeed family celebrations of all kinds.
While guests snooze on their private bedroom terrace, enjoy a few laps in one of the estate’s three pools, gather around the pool table with a few beers, curl up with a good book in the air-conditioned library, or indulge with a spa treatment, the well-trained staff (including a competent chef) work discreetly in the background to provide stellar service from morning until night.
- Open-sided fan-cooled second-level living pavilion with pool table
- Open-sided fan-cooled dining hall (seating for 14)
- Air-conditioned media room/library with 52-inch satellite TV, DVD player and home theatre system
- Deep bedroom terraces with additional seating
- Open-sided garden living pavilion in Avalon 2
- Air-conditioned living and dining room in Avalon 3
- A choice of three pools, from 15m to 5m.
- Poolside sun decks with plenty of loungers and umbrellas
- Poolside heritage teakwood joglo from Java
- Teakwood gladak building from Java – used as a playroom or massage room
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
Master Suites - Avalon I
- Two air-conditioned master suites occupy the two-storey master sleeping pavilion
- Attached sitting room with two daybeds (perfect for the kids)
- Deep terraces with breakfast area and daybed
- King-size four-poster beds
- Walk-in wardrobe
- TV, DVD player
- Glamorous air-conditioned bathrooms with twin vanity, statement bathtub, rain shower enclosures, non-slip marble floor and large walk-in wardrobe
Guest Bedrooms - Avalon I
- Two air-conditioned guest bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuites with twin vanity, rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
- TV, DVD/CD player
Guest Bedrooms - Avalon II
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuite air-conditioned shower room with rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
Guest Bedroom - Avalon III
- Air-conditioned bedroom with queen-size bed and sitting area
- Ensuite air-conditioned bathroom with bathtub, twin vanity, rain shower, and walk-in dressing room
Batubelig, Canggu, Bali, Indonesia.
14 adults (7 ensuite bedrooms). Seven daybeds available as extra beds on request for a small extra charge.
Open-sided sitting room; air-conditioned media room; indoor dining for 14; outdoor dining for 8; pool deck; multiple bedroom terraces; poolside joglo with seating; garden gladak. Living and dining room in one-bedroom villa, and open-sided living pavilion in two-bedroom villa.
15m x 5m; 7m x 4m; 5m x 3m.
Villa Manager; chef; butlers; gardener/pool attendant; engineer; guards providing night security. Masseuse, spa therapist and babysitters – extra, on request.
A variety of Indonesian and international dishes prepared from a suggestion menu. Requests accommodated (including special diets). Grocery cost is charged 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate.
WiFi internet access; PABX room-to-room phone system; computer and printer on request.
52-inch flat-screen TV and DVD player in media room; 37-inch or 42-inch flat-screen TVs and DVD players in every bedroom – all with satellite channels; music system with three music zones covering the dining hall, living room and poolside joglo; books; pool table.
Villa Avalon’s proximity to clubs, restaurants, boutiques and the beach makes it popular with families with young adults. If your group includes younger children, facilities available (on request) to make your stay comfortable include a high chair, baby cot, pool floating toys and pool fence for an additional cost.
In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by professional beauty therapists (extra cost applies).
In-room safes; barbecue.
Seminyak is a short taxi ride away and villa manager will happily call one of the island’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, as well as organise a day or half-day car-and-driver hire.
Events for up to 80 guests may be held at the villa, with advance notice.